Head of Account Management - North America
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary Up To 350K OTE, Plus Significant Equity
- LocationNew York
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineTechnology Sales
- Contact NameJoey Brodsky
- Remote working Hybrid/Flexible
Stott and May has partnered with one of the largest players in the Work Management Platform space and is looking for an experienced sales leader to oversee their large & growing Account Management team, consisting of multiple teams, segments, and various sales motions/activities.
You will be responsible for growing and developing sales leaders by providing expert level account management knowledge and coaching while also pushing for process improvement, aligning the GTM and customer journey (with CSM, Renewal, & Partner orgs), and strategically leading the team to exceed critical business objectives and performance targets.
The ideal candidate will value transparency and diversity, be driven to overachieve, be constantly curious, and have a passion for collaborating with, developing, and helping others.
- Build a world-class, customer first, Account Management organization
- Partner with all members of the leadership team, including cross-functional groups (New Business, CSM, Renewal, Partnership, Biz Dev, Marketing, Product, Legal, Security, etc), to ensure all phases of pipeline generation, customer engagement and deal cycle are aligned with complementary actions and accountability
- Collaborate globally with sales & sales leadership surrounding GTM, especially with global accounts where local/regional teams can be leveraged to optimize customer ROI and success
- Hire, integrate, enable, develop, and retain sales and sales leadership talent while supporting their success and fostering a results-driven culture of collaboration, accountability, and transparency
- Accurately forecast and track leading indicators to ensure consistent and predictable monthly/quarterly results that align with the company objectives and revenue goals
- Analyze data and dynamics to maximize existing successes and develop new growth opportunities for further scale
- Accountable for key metrics and results, including new initiatives and all areas that require joint alignment surrounding the customer journey
- Effectively develop, design, build, and execute all aspects of the US Account management business plan (with global consideration/collaboration) to predictably and consistently generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective
- Represent Sr. Leadership. This position reports to the VP Sales (North America), with close collaboration with Programs, Ops, HR, Partnerships/Alliances, Product, and Delivery.
- 8+ years of experience building and running sales teams in the SaaS space
- 3+ years of experience as a second-line (or third-line) sales leader
- Previously led a $50M+ ARR sales org with world class YoY growth
- Specialization in Account Management focused on expansion & NDR
- Cross-functional leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong partnerships both outside and within (ie New Business, CSM, Renewal, and Partnership orgs)
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader
- Operationally strong; skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and developing appropriate solutions
- Technically strong and accustomed to selling into CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, CTOs and Line of Business - focused on driving value
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; the atmosphere of a startup energizes you, and you understand how to thrive when change is constant and obstacles need to be overcome with optimism, creativity and teamwork
- Highly professional with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery of consultative/solution selling methodologies like MEDDIC, Challenger, Solution Selling, and Sandler
- Exhibits passion, persistence and integrity in all that you do while being Customer Obsessed and thinking “out of the box” to uncover and pursue new opportunities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, relevant work experience