Director of Cyber and Technology Risk- Northeast Region
- Posted 07 March 2023
- Salary TBC
- LocationNew York
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineCyber Security
- Contact NameHoda Hilal
- Remote working Remote
Director of Cyber and Technology Risk
What you can expect:
The Director of Cyber and Technology Errors & Omissions provides strategic direction for Cyber, Technology Errors & Omissions (E&O), Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) and Media Liability placements, as well as leads the delivery of such product resources to the region. As a member of the National Cyber Risk Practice, the Director will play a critical role in agency retention efforts, provide technical expertise to all colleagues and partner with operations and sales leaders to continually enhance client experience. This position is also responsible for carrying the organization’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business into dealing with colleagues, clients, and carriers
Key components of the role:
- Leadership of Regional Cyber Risk Team
- Work with Management Liability leadership to provide strategic direction to Northeast and New England offices as it relates to the creation and execution of Regional and National Cyber strategies & initiatives, including Tech E&O/MPL/Media.
- Act as the Leader for the Northeast and New England Cyber Risk Team for Cyber and Technology E&O services.
- Lead delivery of regional Cyber and Technology E&O resources to new & existing clients.
- Stay current on Cyber & Technology E&O trends and maintain industry knowledge in Cyber and Technology E&O.
- Monitor competition and competitive challenges in the market to ensure the business remains competitive and current in its product and service offerings.
- Participate on National Cyber Risk Practice
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives to formulate credible, effective, long-range strategies.
- Support annual budgets that reflect growth goals and business conditions and support strategic initiatives.
- Participate in key carrier discussions to help in the effort to provide the best product and best value to clients
- Speak at local and national events, as a subject matter expert, when requested to support the growth of the business
- Managing key client renewals/marketing
- Manage key client renewal and marketing process, including negotiation of rates with carriers and presenting alternative options when appropriate.
- Analyze renewal quotes and industry trends to make appropriate renewal recommendations.
- Assist Sales Executives with identifying clients’ relevant cyber risk and assisting with risk transfer solutions.
- Participate in discussions on renewal strategy and assist in obtaining renewal information from clients when applicable
- Assist Producer with the pre-qualification of prospects along with gathering information for submissions.
- Discuss market strategy with team and oversee submission process; review & negotiate quotations and make placement recommendation in collaboration with producer.
- Coordinate coverage placement & policy delivery with internal team and client as needed.
- Pursue opportunities to round out existing client programs with additional and/or increased lines of coverage.
What you need to have:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of client facing cyber-specific brokering and/or underwriting experience
- Be located in the Northeast
- Technical and thorough understanding of cyber coverage and incident response
- Strong cyber carrier relationships with preferred partners
- Ability to advise on technical cyber security requirements as it relates to cyber insurance procurement
- Experience placing large, complex cyber and tech risks
- Flexibility and willingness to work collaboratively with regional producers
- Willingness to be a part of both regional and national cyber production goals
- Non-producer coded staff to encourage Producer utilization
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Applicable current state insurance licensure.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues and clients.