Cloud Software Engineer - Consumer Apps and Services
My client is the European market leader in delivering intelligent heating and cooling solutions for homes, with smart technology, software, and services to save energy and deliver more comfort.
Internationally recognised with an award-winning product and currently having a strong consumer business in 18 countries as well as a fast-growing B2B business partnering with some of the market leaders in the energy space as customers
Due to company and team expansion we are currently looking for experienced Software Engineers who want to be on the forefront of developing scalable solutions for Smart IoT services
What’s on offer
• Be part of our international and multicultural team of people from 42 nations
• Full flexibility where to work from home within our company set up
• Experience an agile, innovative, and open-minded working atmosphere with great colleague
• 30 days’ vacation
• Further training and development and subsidized German language courses for relocators
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee discount on company products for yourself, friends and family
• Subsidised Gym for health and wellbeing
• Health care services:
• Contribute to the cloud services of the company’s products in a cross-functional, empowered product team, together with other engineers, a UX designer, and a product manager.
• Participate in and lead data-driven decision making to find the next value-adding feature, taking into account time series, logging, relational data, and insights from quantitative and qualitative user research.
• Once you and your team decide to build a new feature, bring it to life in a TDD way using JVM-based languages and frameworks, deploying small version increments to production multiple times a day, then monitoring and scaling it.
• As of today, depending on the application and team, we are using the following technologies: Java, Kotlin; SQL, document, and time-series databases; Docker, AWS compute, data processing, and storage services; GitHub and Google Workspace for collaboration
• Professional development experience with a JVM-based language (Java, Kotlin, Scala etc.)
• Experience working with AWS (Lambda, EC2, S3, Cloud Formation)
• Experienced in coming up with and testing hypotheses and incorporating the learnings into the next iteration.
• Experience in rapidly introducing incremental change to production systems and interpreting feedback from monitoring tools
• Understanding of data persistence in high-concurrency environments and SQL & NoSQL databases
• English working proficiency with strong communication skills
Environment and Values
• We build services with a strong focus on our customers, aiming to deliver new features and improvements to them on a daily basis
• Be empowered: Rather than telling you what to do, we want you to tell us what to do
• Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
• Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether we are really adding value for customers and our business.
• Scale with us: Our customer base grows by a 50-70% every year. Help us design our processes and services to be ahead of this grow
• We always strive to deepen our understanding of the software we develop and the tools we use. We do not shy from challenging previous decisions, which allows us to embrace change to continuously improve our services