Back to jobs
Wordings Attorney & Team Leader
- Posted 24 April 2023
- Salary 145000
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineCyber Security
- Contact NameHoda Hilal
- Remote working Remote
- Primary focus is on drafting policy wordings and endorsements to support business/underwriting objectives of Healthcare underwriting team.
- Assist the healthcare underwriting team in addressing coverage issues raised in the underwriting and negotiation process to assist in successful closing of business opportunities.
- Assist the focus groups in achieving sales and service goals by providing high quality and timely response to queries raised.
- Providing support on underwriting, product development, and coverage issues.
- If qualified, review confidentiality agreements and warranty statements as needed for US/UK/ RoW Speciality Risks Underwriters in order to engage in the underwriting process.
- Assist Specialty Risks underwriters in addressing bespoke coverage requests; requires interaction with Brokers, Insureds, other key external stakeholders ( i.e. insured counsel).
- Support the trading team to facilitate an organized knowledge management and sharing process.
- Where applicable, participation in US Product Development and Product Delivery process which includes: product development, drafting, addressing questions and objections from state departments of insurance when necessary for US platform products.
- Where applicable, work on admitted filings and supporting the filing process for wordings and endorsements.
- Coordinate projects and work collaboratively with other key stakeholders internally, including but not limited to Compliance, Claims, Conduct Risk, UW Controls and Operations, Specialty Risks , Marketing and IT .
- Monitor competitive landscapes for the continuous improvement or wordings and underwriting controls.
- Participate in Team/Focus Group Business Planning, Away Days, Broker/Client meetings and other Marketing events, as required and appropriate .
- Monitor claims developments and impact of wording on claims
- Ensure that own staff have terms of reference setting out their responsibilities and reporting lines.
- Ensure that people are recruited, deployed and developed to anticipate and meet current and future needs.
- Encourage, motivate and manage direct reports.
- Ensure that all employees have the knowledge and the skills necessary to perform effectively in their given roles and responsibilities.
- Review employees’ performance and conduct biannual performance appraisals.