Supply Chain Manager
- Posted 10 April 2023
- Salary $60,000 - $80,000
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineBusiness Support
- Contact NameKyle Rogers
- Remote working Remote
About the job
Company: Our client is a leading food ingredient manufacturer. They are a multi-national corporation based in Europe and have been operating in the US for 10+ years. They have experienced significant YOY growth and are therefore expanding their supply chain team to meet customer needs. This individual will wear many hats, work cross-functionally across multiple teams, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Remote position; must be located in Pennsylvania or Florida
Company Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, 401k + Match, PTO
The Supply Chain Manager coordinates, organizes, and is involved in the identification, acquisition, and distribution of the company’s goods. Requires a self-motivated individual interested and driven to lead all the activities that surround supply chain service and logistics areas.
- Serve as a liaison for Global Logistics, Sales, and Manufacturing activities as it pertains to warehouse orders, customer drop ship orders, execution, and complaints
- Reviews inventory levels & place inventory orders to ensure sufficient local stock and manage third-party warehouses.
- Review and analyze gathered data to locate areas of improvement in the supply chain process and develop methods to improve.
- Helps generate & maintain warehouse databases such as Insurance Certificates, Inspection Records, and Pest Control written procedures for each EA warehouse.
- Build strong partnerships with internal and external customers, while identifying process improvement opportunities that benefit both the customer and Emsland.
- Researches new sourcing locations, logistics vendors and other projects as needed, to maximize the Supply Chain.
- Support VP Supply Chain and Managing Director in various capacity
- Assists sales in analyzing customer forecast vs actual performance
- Assists Europe with their Rolling forecasts pertaining to North America
- Reviews Slow Moving and expired inventory and works directly with sales on coming up with a plan of action.
- Maintains supply/demand information in Netsuite.
- Special projects as needed - customs, drayage etc.
- Research and seek out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods in the US.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values.
- Help monitor the performance of 3rd party freight carriers and warehousing service providers to minimize costs.
- Seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain department by reviewing current methodology and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual- German is a plus but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills as well as a hands on person
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required;
- 3+ years of Supply Chain experience
- Has worked with 3PLs