Back to jobs
Sr. Cyber Specialist
- Posted 06 March 2023
- Salary 175000
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineCyber Security
- Contact NameHoda Hilal
- Remote working Hybrid/Flexible
- Build strong long term profitable relationships with agents, brokers and policy holders.
- Generate pipeline of submissions that meet department appetite.
- Evaluate applications and related materials to determine acceptability of risks in accordance with company guidelines and standards. Determine the need for additional evidence of insurability.
- Participate in underwriting calls with clients and brokers to assess client’s cybersecurity controls
- Exercise judgment, negotiation and sound business decision making based on level of authority.
- Prepare quotes and answer questions from brokers, policyholders or other external contacts and escalate issues to management along with proposed solutions as necessary.
- Provide acceptable level of underwriting documentation for all assigned accounts. Be able to articulate underwriting positions and most importantly, reasons for such positions internally and externally.
- Keeps current on claim trends and changes in legal and regulatory environment.
- Provide monthly forecasts for new and renewal business and regular reconciliations to such forecasts.
- Monitor new business flow, quote ratio and hit ratio from each target agency to monitor variances to plan. Develop strategies to correct variances with each agency.
- May provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas particularly when related to cross-sell opportunities
- Potential to move into a managing role for the right candidate
- 4-6 years of Cyber underwriting experience
- Strong relationships with wholesale and/or retail Cyber brokers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with management at a senior level
- Knowledge of broader MPL classes of business is desirable
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Independent and innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills & strategic thinking
- Strong analytical skills/judgement and mathematical skills
- Strong mentoring/coaching skills to more junior colleagues
- Effective communication – both oral and written
- Effective negotiation skills
- BA or BS, ideally with a degree/major in Economics, Business, Finance, or Accounting