A solutions architect role at Quantexa is extremely wide ranging which we think is what makes it such an interesting and enjoyable position. Excellent stakeholder engagement will be key to your success here at Quantexa, as you will be working with Clients to assist with anything from technical issues all the way to new project requirements. This role will also see you dealing with more internal stakeholders than any other area of the business, so whether you’re working with the Project Manager to discuss budgets, deadlines and delivery timelines, R&D to resolve product related issues, or Pre-sales to help with RFP’s and POC’s, it’s all to ensure we’re delivering our promise on providing a first class service to our Clients.?
You’ll be managing multiple projects at any given time with the autonomy to prioritise your workload as you see fit, ensuring you’ve considered company goal and project risks. Being Agile is an integral part to the success we have at Quantexa and having regular team sprints and Scrum meetings with your Projects team is essential.
We care a lot about the development of our people, and the Solutions Architect will be a huge part in helping up-skill our employees through both mentoring and coaching. Don’t worry, your development is also essential, and we’ll ensure we have similar things in place for you!
We want our employees to use the latest and leading open source big-data technologies and you’ll be using tools such as Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Spark and the wider Hadoop ecosystem. ?
What do I need to have?
- Strong experience in hands-on technical deliveries, leading technical teams from design through to implementation of production systems
- Excellent technical skills including recent hands-on coding experience of at least one of the following Spark, Scala, Java or production grade Python
- Strong understanding of SDLC principles, including use of unit testing, git and CI/CD, and how to set up good practices on a new project
- Experience with technical and solution design, including designing systems to address non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, maintainability, security, and systems integration)
- Experience of managing multiple projects, preferably in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience working with data and addressing common challenges such as data quality, updates, data structure changes and rollback
- Exceptional client facing, communication and presentation skills