Development Lead tracks, facilitates, plans and is accountable for all technical aspects of a digital project’s execution and delivery. They are also responsible for being the main point of contact for escalations relating to troubleshooting, site functionality, and integrity. This person is great with clients, organized an excellent problem solver, and able to deliver on time requirements.
- Participate in initial client facing intake sessions to determine and document project technical requirements
- Collaborate with our talented design and project management teams to transform requirements into robust solutions
- Provide technical advice and input to the scope of work including platform recommendations, hosting, migration, 3rd party plug-ins and overall technical specifications for each project
- Work to help develop, architect, test and deploy new components & site features for our clients
- Build out custom Shopify themes and modifying pre-existing themes depending on the scope of the project
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to translate visual designs into responsive frontend code
- Assist with the onboarding and integration of new technologies/applications
- Provide long term solutions and short term options for common maintenance requests
- Maintain and vet relationships with technical service providers
- Stay informed, and communicate to team about evolving technical standards
- Work closely with our Head of Operations and Project Director on long term capacity planning, weekly team resourcing decisions and participate in the hiring strategy and interview processes
- Oversee an internal team of junior and mid-level developers, ensure that processes are followed, quality standards are met, provide mentorship and performance assessment
Skills & Requirements:
- 4-6 years experience in a professional development environment, with at least 4 years of experience developing custom Shopify themes
- Proficient with best practices in responsive development/web design
- Proven results in performance-focused development
- Fundamental understanding of Shopify's API/Application ecosystem
- Deep understanding of ecommerce web design, solutions, development process, and third party applications.
Self-managed PTO, Winter Holiday Break and Summer Fridays, 401K matching, comprehensive health care options and embraces ongoing education and training.