Construction Project Manager
Location: Across different sites, (Hampton, Rickmansworth and Reading)
Salary: up to £57,000
Hybrid Role: 1-2 days in office per week
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll have single-point accountability and leadership for the delivery of multiple projects within a Programme of work in a defined geographical area. This will be achieved by managing and assuring the performance of contractors to deliver project outcomes to time cost and quality.
You’ll be driving the development and continuous improvement of the Project Team and Supply Chain, relentlessly striving to deliver enhanced health, safety & environment outcomes, customer delight, and superior commercial performance.
- Develop and deliver an optimised project to achieve all regulatory, statutory, and internal outputs, deadlines, and targets.
- Accountability throughout the project lifecycle, governance compliance, and internal/external stakeholder engagement leading to the smooth transition of the project outcomes into the operational business
- Development of project briefs, including supplementary information for the subsequent early contractor involvement phase of the project.
- Supporting the development and definition of the tender package(s), including the definition of the scope of work to support the Procurement team through each stage of the tender process ensuring the demanding timescales are met.
- Managing the ‘route to consent’ strategy for the project, highlighting program and project risks relating to consents required, including consideration of any potential early works.
- Managing and assuring the performance of contractors to deliver project outcomes to time, cost, and quality.
- Robust financial forecasting of project costs across the month, year, and AMP intervals
- Management of risk issues and change, in a fully transparent manner through effective reporting and escalation.
- Contributing to steering project-wide continuous improvement and delivering against stretching targets.
- Commercially managing all contract matters to achieve the optimal outcome for Thames Water.
We’re looking for you to
- Be educated to HNC /degree level with further or outstanding role-specific experience in a relevant operational or project management capacity
- Have an excellent contractual awareness of Project Management work
- Have a proven track record of managing the performance of third-party organizations
- Be financially capable of running a Profit & Loss, taking account of revenue expenditure and cash flow to deliver agreed financial goals.
- Be able to set up and regularly implement feedback systems to improve business performance. Be able to deliver tough messages with empathy.
- Develop excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have a positive approach to them
- Be able to demonstrate a strong external customer service ethic, measurement of customer satisfaction, and a proven track record of delivering improvements for internal and external customer experiences
What’s in it for you?
This is a challenging, rewarding, and exciting role, for which we are looking for proactive and engaging individuals who can steer projects forward. With the help of the team who work alongside you, this role will enable you to forge a career and make an impact on our long-term ambitions through the successful delivery of our capital investment portfolio.
- 26 days of annual leave a year (increasing to 30 with length of service)
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic,?rewarding?and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner.
- If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working?arrangements?and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
- We’re also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.