Job title: Data Team Lead - Consumptions
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: up to £62,000
About the role:
As Services Manager, focusing on wholesale services, you will be the team leader of experts to deliver customer demand focused insight from our smart meter data. Team management, coaching and leadership skills are essential as you will be responsible for the management of our smart meter data reporting environment ensuring it is maintained to maximise efficient and effective availability.
You will be managing and meeting stakeholders expectations in relations to reporting availability and modelling development timeframes. Decision making and judgement skills, as you need to ensure that work produced by team is of utmost quality, timeliness, and clarity.
You will be acquisitioning, building and maintaining new data sources to aid automation and enhanced analysis and insight from our data. Supported by your team of data scientists, engineers, and analysts you will lead and prioritise the delivery of analysis, models, algorithms and reports which generate action focused insights and reduce reliance on third party support
- Experienced leadership and development of a team of data experts to deliver business insights. You may be an experienced data analyst or scientist looking to develop your management and team leadership responsibilities.
- Strong commercial and/or academic experience as a data expert, working on a variety of projects with proven insight and benefits
- Very strong academics, ideally a Masters on a highly quantitative degree with research projects.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to translate complex concepts and analysis into clear business focused messages and outcomes for senior leaders
- Experience of working with large data sets, provide engineering advice to improve the access and automated data pipeline via enhancements and releases of functionality and table structures
- Ability to manage and prioritise requests and to develop robust delivery plans for data management improvements and insight
- Ideally an expert in Python and in Open Source frameworks and machine learning packages
- Ability to manipulate and analyse data in SQL to an advanced level
- Advanced Excel modelling
- Data analytics and presentation techniques including segmentation and forecasting
- Accustomed with local and azure cloud environments and their data instances
- Understanding of ETL processes for enterprise solutions
- Car allowance up to £5.8k
- Annual Management Bonus up to 30%
- 26 days annual leave per annum, rising up to 30 days with service
- Pension contribution