Currently, we are looking for a Cloud/DevOps Architect to join our team!
In the role of Cloud/DevOps Architect, you will take early ideas and build prototypes, while experimenting with advanced technologies and platforms. You should be willing to take on challenges of unknown dimensions, and work hand in hand with lead engineers to prototype and test early concepts. You will need to have extraordinarily strong technical skills, deep curiosity, business acumen, and the ability to think and act fast.
Work at Exadel - Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the customer is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance, and legal sectors. As of 2017, the company was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. The company currently operates in over 150 countries.
About Our Project:
The team’s workflow is focused on migrating the hosted infrastructure from Rackspace to Microsoft Azure. The goals of the project are to build IaC; to build and deploy pipelines that aid build & promotion of immutable artifacts; and to adopt cloud services and serverless technologies.
Team Composition Across Scrum Teams:
Program Manager, DevOps Architect, QA Manager, Lead QAA, QAA’s, Senior DevOps(s), Cloud Data Architect, DBE’s, DBA’s, Backend Developers (.Net/Java)
- 3+ years of senior level support with cloud infrastructure development as part of responsibilities
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e., having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support team
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security, and storage
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Oracle, and Unix platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Availability for cross team time overlap (8am-11am CT USA)
Nice to have:
- .Net, .Net Core, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Node.js and other niche’ languages
- Review and evaluate architectures of existing systems and software products to identify reuse and platforming opportunities as well as refactoring opportunities
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to the teams in the implementation of established architectures and designs
- Mentor and coach architects and developers to ensure that architecture and requirements best practices are followed
- Establish and enforce quality standards for cloud software architectures
- Drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure
- The role is a technical, customer-facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience
- Own the Azure technical customer engagement including developing the architectural design on specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and Cloud solution architecture components of customer-facing contract bid responses
- Assess Azure footprint readiness for deployment activities
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments