Stott and May have partnered with a global finance company who are looking for a Cloud Architect to join their London office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, defining and leading the implementation of new SaaS and PaaS based solutions to support over 3000+ users across 20+ global offices.
The client has migrated significant services to the cloud, and now needs an Architect to support the design and build the next generation of services focusing on exploiting data, using integration, reporting and analysis capabilities offered across the Azure platform.
- Ensure all architectural principles are adhered to for technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Specify, design and help implement new services with strong traceability back to business requirements and IT strategies.
- Strong engagement across other IT workstreams covering security, governance and service operations.
- Develop options, supporting rationale and cost benefit analysis for proposed areas of spending and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the firm's business leaders, department heads, and end users to proactively assist in the direction for future projects and programmes of work.
- Demonstrate the delivery of complex cloud services
- Ability to provide a vision and strategy for cloud services
- Ability to act as a technical lead for key projects initiatives.
- Performs the necessary leadership, analysis and design of tasks related to the development of a solutions architecture.
- Analyses business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
- Facilitates and leads the evaluation and selection of technology product standards, as well as the design of standard technology configurations.
- Defines transition steps and strategy as required from IaaS services to PaaS/SaaS alternatives.
- Manage and oversee internal and external technology resources in the delivery of agreed solutions.
- Align services to support Global IT requirements and standards.
- Ability to author a variety of architectural documents, from High Level to Low Level designs, configuration/build guides, knowledge base etc.
- Wide and extensive experience with Azure cloud based services covering compute, network, storage
- Wide and extensive experience of Microsoft 365 services including Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams
- Experience of Azure DevOps, Repos, CI/CD pipelines for code development and promotion.
- Understanding of data residency and hosting requirements, Multi-Geo, high availability and disaster recovery concepts within Azure
- Demonstrate design of Azure services according to Well Architected Framework
- Wide and extensive experience across network, applications, data and infrastructure domains.
- Understanding of security guidance, frameworks and security baselines including NIST, NCSC
- Securing Azure based services, techniques and practical application
- Audit and Governance services within Azure for compliance with GDPR/FOI requests
- Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations.