Job Title: Test and Tooling Lead
Salary: Up to £55K
About the Role:
The role is responsible for the service validation and testing quality assurance of all new or changed IT services so they match the design specification and meet the business needs. Responsible for the execution of all quality assurance and adherence to test policy and governance, providing advice and support to projects and BAU support teams on strategy development, the definition of acceptance criteria, governance of testing approach, test planning and execution, etc.
Essential to have extensive knowledge of software testing methods and techniques for a broad range of integrated IT systems including cloud-based solutions, mainframe, functional, and OAT testing.
- To support project/BAU delivery whilst minimising the risk of change to operations and ensure test assurance management processes are understood and followed
- Ensure that program level quality gates and checkpoints are defined/followed and any deviation on these are reported back
- Validation of key Test artifacts (Test Strategies, Plans, Approaches, Schedules, testing results, defects discovered, and their status)
- Stakeholder management at all levels and provide progress reports, including risk mitigation, as directed
- Direct the analysis of test evidence to confirm that established criteria have been met and provide SME demonstrable experience across all test disciplines such as planning, execution, performance, automation, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Scrum/Dev-Ops certification
- Provable experience as a Test Assurance Manager
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques in both functional and non-functional areas.
- Knowledge of and experience using a variety of test automation and software development tools including but not limited to Selenium, Cucumber, Jmeter, Git, Docker
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. Azure DevOps, qTest, Jira, Zephyr) and SQL as well as Service Now.
- experience with software QA tools and processes
- Test Delivery experience across various test phases like SIT, UAT, OA
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
What is in it for you:
- We’re proud of the positive ways of working we’ve adopted during the pandemic, creating a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive.?
- For our office-based roles we’re moving to a hybrid approach with various options across working from home, office and our sites.
- Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
- Thames Water is a dynamic,? rewarding? and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working? arrangements? and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
- We’re also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.