We’re transforming the Department of Defense and we know that takes a dream team.
We believe customer experience starts with employee experience, so we take care of our employees.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, invest in employee growth, and offer a culture you can’t find anywhere else.
At Rise8, we continuously achieve unreached heights through next-level tech, and on-the-level collaboration. Together, we create continuous impact. Together, we turn breakdowns into breakthroughs, make small steps into giant leaps, and deliver game-changing products through culture-changing process.
We pair Risers with their customer counterparts and practice pairing at every moment to elevate people and teams and deliver results fast and forever.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission: to continuously deliver impactful software that users love.
At Rise8, we’re in the business of inspiring culture by enabling clients to ruthlessly prioritize end-user value to build, test, and deliver as consistently and often as possible.
You will work with client who have never before taken part in design thinking, backlog management, outcome-oriented roadmaps, strategic planning, or even interacted with the user they provide software to.
You will teach the why behind these practices while staying flexible to your client preferences.
You will learn, teach, and change your approach constantly to best collaborate towards a new way of thinking.
You will pair with the team’s Product Manager to teach them how to write and prioritize user stories that provide business value, technical feasibility, and user-driven functionality.
You will ensure the backlog is populated with enough user stories to be estimated for upcoming iterations.
You will run the iteration meeting, which ensures that the team understands where they have been and where they are going next.
- 6-10 years of product management experience in a variety of business settings
- Experience leading balanced product teams
- Strong communication skills and interest in a paired-consulting environment
- Experience in agile and devops methodologies
- Strong facilitation skills
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work, and challenging problems
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Experience in training, mentoring, and/or upskilling other product managers
- Have experience enabling clients in product management best practices
- Experienced in lean product methodologies and can educate others
- Interest in giving talks on product management to clients and internally
- Active member of the product management community
- Insurance. We cover 100% of the employee-only premium for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability.
- Retirement. 401k match at 10% gross pay.
- Paid time off (PTO). 4 weeks combined accrued vacation and sick leave, 10 Federal holidays, your birthday, jury duty, and bereavement.
- Education & Training. Accrued budget of up to $4,000 per year for classes, travel, events, and materials.
- Wellness Budget. To encourage and support a well-rounded healthy lifestyle, we cover 50% reimbursement on a variety of wellness activities and products, up to $500 per calendar year.
- Equipment. We offer a MacBook Pro, multi-port adapter, and USB-C CAC reader to all employees.
Rise8 is going to transform the Department of Defense and we know that takes a dream team! The customer experience starts with the employee experience, so we take care of our employees. We offer competitive pay and benefits, invest in employee growth, and offer a culture you can’t find anywhere else. We look forward to having you on the team!
Please Note: All of Rise8’s work in this area is with Federal Government customers that require our employees involved with their projects be U.S. citizens. As such, this role requires U.S. citizenship. If hired, you would also be required to go through a background investigation for Public Trust Clearance. Ability to obtain a Secret or Top Secret Clearance preferred.
Rise8 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.