You will work with clients who have never before taken part in a design thinking, backlog management, outcome-oriented roadmaps, strategic planning, or even interacted with the user they provide software to.
You will teach the why behind each of these practices, be flexible to client preferences, and even discover new tools that will enable your customer to understand the value that comes with agile software development.
You will be responsible for learning how your client likes to learn, how they like to receive feedback, and what ubiquitous language they use so you can speak in terms that resonate with them.
You will learn, teach, and change your approach constantly to best collaborate towards a new way of thinking.
You will pair with the team’s Product Manager to teach them how to write and prioritize user stories that provide business value, technical feasibility, and user-driven functionality. You will help you break down big ideas into manageable pieces, establish a reliable way to estimate effort, and ensure a predictable output of frequent releases.
You will ensure the backlog is populated with enough user stories to be estimated for the next two iterations.
You will run the iteration planning meeting, which ensures that the team understands where they have been & where they are going next.
You will work with a balanced team in mind, providing a clear understanding of the users’ needs, the business objectives, and the stakeholders’ vision so the team can quickly make informed decisions based on validated assumptions.
- 10+ years of product management experience in a variety of business settings
- Experience in training, mentoring and/or upskilling other product managers
- Experience leading balanced product teams
- Strong communication skills and interest in a paired-consulting environment
- Experience in agile and DevOps methodologies
- Strong facilitation skills
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Have experience enabling clients in product management best practices
- Experienced in lean product methodologies and can educate others
- Interest in giving talks on product management to clients and internally.
- Active member of the product management community
- Insurance. We cover 100% of the employee-only premium and 80% of the combined dependent premium. We also cover 100% of the premium for employee and dependent Dental and Vision as well as employee premiums for Life and Disability coverage.
- Retirement. 401k match at 10% gross pay.
- Paid time off (PTO). 4 weeks combined accrued vacation and sick leave, 10 Federal holidays, your birthday, jury duty, and bereavement.
- Education & Training. Accrued budget of up to $4,000 per year for classes, travel, events, and materials.
- Wellness Budget. To encourage and support a well-rounded healthy lifestyle, we cover 50% reimbursement on a variety of wellness activities and products, up to $500 per calendar year.
- Equipment. We offer a MacBook Pro, multi-port adapter, and USB-C CAC reader to all employees.
Please Note: All of the work in this area is with Federal Government customers that require our employees involved with their projects be U.S. citizens. As such, this role requires U.S. citizenship. If hired, you would also be required to go through a background investigation for Public Trust Clearance. Ability to obtain a Secret or Top Secret Clearance preferred.
This employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.