We’re transforming the Department of Defense and we know that takes a dream team.
We believe customer experience starts with employee experience, so we take care of our employees.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, invest in employee growth, and offer a culture you can’t find anywhere else.
At Rise8, we continuously achieve unreached heights through next-level tech, and on-the-level collaboration. Together, we create continuous impact. Together, we turn breakdowns into breakthroughs, make small steps into giant leaps, and deliver game-changing products through culture-changing process.
We pair Risers with their customer counterparts and practice pairing at every moment to elevate people and teams and deliver results fast and forever.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission: to continuously deliver impactful software that users love.
At Rise8, product designers are “full stack” designers and stewards of their products.
As an innovative problem solver, you will apply a multidisciplinary approach in enabling clients to lead and deliver design decisions that create user value.
UX research, user testing, visual and interaction design all play a vital role in crafting a delightful user experience.
We believe that behind every cutting-edge technical product is a bleeding, human pain point and Rise8 designers know empathy is the key to building great products.
- 3-6 years experience in a related field. Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Have experience designing applications, from consumer-facing to internal tools.
- Lead product design from research through implementation - you want to help the team succeed more than making a nice sketch file.
- Maintain a user-centered approach while respecting business needs.
- Be willing to work in an agile design environment
- Bring strong experience in at least one facet of the 3 facets of design: user research,
interaction design or visual design
- Have experience and curiosity within agile and lean philosophies
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders in a consulting role
- Some familiarity with css - you don’t have to be an expert.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Have experience enabling clients in user centered design best practices
- Experienced in user research methodologies and can educate others
- Interest in giving talks on design to clients and internally
- Active member of the design community
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience with DoD, especially at a DoD "Software Factory"
- Experience at Pivotal Labs
- Security Clearance
- Insurance. We cover 100% of the employee only premium and 80% of the combined dependent premium. We also cover 100% of the premium for employee and dependent Dental and Vision as well as employee premiums for Life and Disability
- Retirement. 401k match at 10% gross pay.
- Paid time off (PTO). 4 weeks combined accrued vacation and sick leave, 10 Federal holidays, your birthday, jury duty, and bereavement.
Rise8 is going to transform the Department of Defense and we know that takes a dream team! The customer experience starts with the employee experience, so we take care of our
employees. We offer competitive pay and benefits, invest in employee growth, and offer a culture you can’t find anywhere else. We look forward to having you on the team!
Please Note: All of Rise8’s work in this area is with Federal Government customers that require our employees involved with their projects be U.S. citizens. As such, this role requires U.S. citizenship. If hired, you would also be required to go through a background investigation for Public Trust Clearance. Ability to obtain a Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Rise8 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.