The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the world and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming place; after all, we understand the value of travel and share a love of different cultures, people, and places.
We’re looking for the world’s best technology innovators who want to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We have been a #remotefirst company since our founding in 2012, and we encourage every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe.
As a Director of Security Engineering at Cloudbeds, you will be responsible for establishing, planning, implementing and operationalizing security strategies within infrastructure engineering and software engineering. In this role, you will partner with the Cloudbeds Information Security team and other departments within Technology (Product, Engineering, Infrastructure, Architecture, etc.) to ensure security is built into what we do, not added on as an afterthought.
As part of the broader Cloudbeds Cybersecurity organization, you will report to the Senior Director of Security and lead, recruit, and mentor a growing team of talented and technical group of security engineers, focused on ensuring the security of the data, information, and systems entrusted to Cloudbeds.
You will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and iterating on a strategic and tactical/technical security engineering roadmap, covering areas such as cloud infrastructure (AWS) Security, Kubernetes security, Application Security, Security Monitoring/Operations, etc., and will be responsible for supporting strategic initiatives across all Cloudbeds departments.
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a company completely transforming the world of travel technology. You will be an essential member of the team as we march toward our goal to power every lodging business in the world.
Location: Remote - United States/ Eastern EU
What You Will Do:
- Build, lead, and mentor teams (both direct and matrixed) in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment to ensure the security of the data, information, and systems entrusted to Cloudbeds.
- Oversee the operations and continuous improvement of security engineering at Cloudbeds
- Define and continuously iterate on a multi-year security engineering roadmap
- Supervise the implementation of new technologies, tooling, and processes to improve security engineering and security as a whole at Cloudbeds
- Build and implement security controls for our platform and infrastructure, with a focus on automating security and compliance
- Maintain a list of security, privacy, and/or compliance related technical debt and work with our Technology (Infrastructure, DevOps, Software Engineering, Architecture, Product, etc.) teams to prioritize and address, and escalate if necessary
- Assist with customer communications around security concerns or questions
- Act as a first responder for security incidents, helping the team prioritize and remediate appropriately
- Support and contribute to business security requirements, such as creation of security policies, procedures and processes, responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) related to security, etc.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant security engineering leadership related positions (manager, director, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with leading Cloud Infrastructure Security and Application Security-related programs and teams
- 10+ years of relevant experience in IT, especially security.
- Strong experience securing infrastructure in AWS (IAM, VPC, Route 53, ELB, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, Elasticache, S3, etc.) via automation.
- Strong experience leading teams responsible for securing critical production environments having hundreds to thousands of servers.
- Strong experience working in a PCI compliant engineering environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time, as well as a distributed/international team
Nice To Haves:
- Security-related certifications (AWS Certified Security - Specialty, CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, Security+, etc).
- Experience securing Elastic Kubernetes (EKS) platforms
- Experience securing immutable AMIs/containers
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience securing microservices and Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Experience securing REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience supporting compliance efforts.
- Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence).
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)