Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and with offices across the globe, Rystad Energy is a rapidly growing independent Energy research and business intelligence company providing data, tools, analytics, and consultancy services to clients exposed to the energy industry across the world. Rystad Energy has a range of global databases and research products for companies in the Oil & Gas, Oilfield Services, and Renewables sectors, as well as Investors, Investment Banks, and Governments. Rystad Energy combines a high-performance culture with a deeply collaborative ethos, providing many opportunities for growth, learning, contribution, and career advancement.
Rystad Energy is also an IT company. The Technology team is responsible for bringing all our content to our clients and for supporting our work processes. The team has been a key factor in the company’s success, ensuring modern technologies are applied to provide customer value and attractive customer journeys.
Every day we process many databases and deploy them to clients, and the volume of production processes has grown so large that we want to strengthen our team with an operations engineer to continuously improve our production pipelines.
As a DevOps Engineer at Rystad Energy, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, and System Administrators to ensure the seamless integration of development and operational activities. You will be responsible for optimizing and automating our development workflows, implementing best practices in DevOps methodologies, and ensuring the reliability and scalability of our systems.
- Design, implement, and manage CI/CD pipelines for datasets hosted on on-premises/cloud using tools such as Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, and TeamCity to enable smooth and efficient code integration, testing, and deployment.
- Deployment to our on-premises Windows and Linux infrastructure and our cloud-based solutions on Azure.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to containerize applications using Kubernetes, ensuring scalability and resilience.
- Collaborate with the Sysadmin Team to ensure proper configuration, security, and monitoring of our infrastructure components.
- Develop and maintain observability solutions to monitor and troubleshoot the health and performance of our applications and systems.
- Drive a product mindset by participating in feature planning, requirements gathering, and providing insights to improve the overall product quality and user experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role in a technology-driven environment.
- Proficiency with version control systems such as Bitbucket and tools like Jira for issue tracking.
- Strong experience with Azure DevOps for managing CI/CD pipelines and release management.
- Solid understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies, particularly Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Azure Bicep, PowerShell, Azure CLI, Shell Scripting and Ansible.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems, including on-premises and cloud-based deployments on Azure.
- Experience/Familiarity with Python and .NET Core applications.
- Familiarity with database management systems, including MSSql and PostgreSQL.
- A proactive problem solver with excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, agile methodologies, and version control practices.
- Knowledge of observability tools and practices for ensuring system reliability and performance monitoring.
- Previous experience working in an energy or data-driven industry is a plus.
- Previous exposure to DataOps and MLOps practices is a plus
If you are a dedicated DevOps professional who thrives in a collaborative environment, possesses a passion for optimizing processes, and is excited about contributing to a dynamic and innovative team, we encourage you to apply. Join us at Rystad Energy and be part of shaping the future of the global energy industry through innovative technology and data solutions
Also important are excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and being team oriented. We offer good development and challenges in a positive, dynamic, and international environment. The working language is English.
Why Rystad Energy?
- Family-friendly policies
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A global and quickly expanding international business culture with more than 40 nationalities
- Inclusive and supportive working environment with a focus on a culture of sharing
- Support, learning and training on all skills required to perform your daily routines
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to impact products and workflows
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Opportunity to join a globally leading energy knowledge house
- Flexible work environment