Cybersecurity Engineer – Threat Prevention
- Posted 27 July 2022
- Salary Competitive
- DisciplineCyber Security
- Contact NameAndrei Lehadus
- Remote working Hybrid/Flexible
Do you have cybersecurity engineering experience, and are you seeking a new contract in Austria? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Stott and May are looking for a skilled and dedicated Cybersecurity Engineer - Threat Prevention to join our client's inclusive and talented team. This contract cybersecurity role comes with an attractive rate and the chance to be part of a welcoming and diverse workplace culture.
As a flexible Cybersecurity Engineer - Threat Prevention, you will provide technical advice and expertise to optimise the organisation's cyber threat detection and response ecosystem. You will also collect and interpret information and events generated by internal security monitoring tools and external threat intelligence providers. In addition, you will provide technical expertise to address information security research, monitoring and investigations activities.
In your first few weeks in this cybersecurity engineering role, you can expect to:
- Assist in designing, implementing and optimising Microsoft-based technical controls to improve threat prevention, detection and response capabilities
- Create and maintain technical security configuration requirements, and build books and workflows to enhance the efficiency of security operations activities
- Monitor for new Microsoft security alerts, and respond to and mitigate potential security threats
- Provide advice on opportunities to improve security detection and monitoring capabilities based on observed events and provide recommendations on the tuning of configurations and detection rules
To apply for this Cybersecurity Engineer - Threat Prevention role, you will need a first-level university degree in computer science, information technology or a related field. A high school diploma with an additional 4 years of relevant work experience in computer science, information technology or a related field will be considered in place of the university degree. You will also require the following:
- At least 2 years of experience related to cybersecurity operations automation or endpoint, email and cloud threat prevention capabilities administration
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft security tools, including but not limited to MS Defence Centre, Advanced Threat Prevention (APT), email protection and Azure security
- The ability to guide changes and provide tangible results
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you will receive a generous contract day rate, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with the Stott and May team today to apply and register your interest in this contract Cybersecurity Engineer – Threat Prevention position in Austria. We look forward to hearing from you!
Helping you build the right team by being on your team. Talent and teamwork are at the heart of successful growth business. Stott and May are changing the way companies acquire technology talent. We help our partners develop more engaging hiring processes through highly tailored talent solutions.