Category Lead - Beauty (SMB)
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Yhy Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day. To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always. At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve. Join us.
We aim to bring discovery, inspiration, and joy back to shopping by making TikTok the commerce channel of choice for merchants, creators, and partners. We are looking for passionate and talented people to join our commercial team in the US, to help build an e-commerce ecosystem that is innovative, secure, and intuitive for our users and partners alike.
This role sits in our larger SMB team which supports social sellers, small and medium businesses, and emerging brands.
The TikTok Shop Beauty SMB Category Team is looking for a retail champion to help us build our business and drive the growth of our category. The Beauty SMB Category Lead will develop the go-to-market strategy, prioritize key initiatives, and build and lead a team of category managers. They will be responsible for identifying the needs of the business, partnering with cross-functional partners and allocating appropriate resources to drive sustained growth.
• Manage a category team to acquire brand principals, distributors, and merchants to support category growth at scale.
• Craft overall strategy to deliver growth for the business - define goals, identify opportunities and design approach.
• Discover innovative collaborative models that fit into merchants' short-term and long-term development plans, and invest platform resources effectively and efficiently.
• Solve key challenges in business growth by strong collaboration with cross-functional teams.
• Employ a consultative approach by offering strategic content, creator/affiliate/agency partner, merchandising, and logistical solutions to all clients
• Update active clients on TikTok Shop product developments and new promotional opportunities
• Represent TikTok Shop at industry events and brand summits, and foster long-term partnerships with brands that help scale the category
• 10+ years experience in e-commerce business; a mixed experience in both platform side and brand/merchant side is highly preferred
• 3+ years experience as a people manager, managing a significant team size • Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Team player, fast learner and open to changes
• Proven track record of continually reaching and exceeding sales goals - prior experience P&L ownership and planning is a plus
• Excellent sales and business development skills, command of B2B and B2C funnel structures
• Experience recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and developing a strong team; passion for leading and developing people
• Ability to thrive in a rapid, agile, and often ambiguous environment with a growth mindset
• Attention to detail, affinity for analytics, logical and strong problem solving skills
• Strong network and connections with brands and/or retailers is a plus
• Experience in content-based e-commerce
• Strong connections with brands and distributors
• Experience managing people managers of varying experience
• Ability to foster C-Level executive relationships with a genuine interest in customers’ success
• Ability to recruit and retain top talent
• A proven penchant for creative problem-solving
• Proven track record of high-level negotiation
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws.
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $163020 - $334400 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.