TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day. To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always. At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve. Join us.
Ecommerce's Governance and Experience is a global team responsible for ensuring our marketplace is safe and trustworthy for not only users, but also sellers and creators. We value user satisfaction and work on policies, rules and systems to ensure quality. The Brand Cooperation within GNE engages directly with a wide network of stakeholders including rights holders, IP associations, government officials, law enforcement agencies and service providers to understand their brand protection needs and to collaborate on initiatives aimed at IPR protection. You will play a critical role in shaping and maintaining positive relationships between our organization and government entities at local, regional, or national levels.
- Participate in the designing, developing and implementing of TikTok Shopping's IPR protection programme, policies and strategies.
- Support teams in responding to, investigating, managing and resolving high-impact brand-related incidents and escalations around product authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright) and safety issues.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with government officials, agencies, and key stakeholders. Cultivate a network of contacts to support the organization's advocacy efforts.
- Collaborate with industry associations, advocacy groups, and coalitions to advance common goals and objectives.
- Presenting brand-related deep-dive documents, including responses to senior executives and time-sensitive PR/ legal issues.
- Build and maintain an effective network in support of TikTok shopping's IPR protection programme both internally (e.g. key business representatives, IP Legal, public relations, communications, marketing teams), and externally (e.g. governments, trade associations, law enforcement authorities) through brand diplomacy, conferences, networking opportunities, workshops, etc..
- Plan and roll out events and activities to promote awareness of TikTok shopping's IPR protection programme for internal and external stakeholders.While closely monitoring media and global events to anticipate and mitigate potential brand-related risks.
- Manage projects which implement TikTok shopping's IPR protection programme, policies and strategies.
- Participate in the development of an efficient and functional framework for TikTok shopping, rights holders and law enforcement agencies to conduct joint enforcement actions.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, public policy, law, or a related field; a master's degree or JD is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in government relations, public affairs, brand relations or a related field, with a proven track record of successful advocacy efforts.
- Understanding of government structures, legislative processes, and IP regulatory frameworks.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain relationships with government officials and external stakeholders.
- Analytical thinking and the ability to translate complex policy issues into actionable strategies.
- Proficiency in research and analysis of legislative and regulatory issues.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.