Transformation Programme Manager
Job Type - Contract
Pay Rate - £800 / £850 per day
Location - London (Hybrid Working)
Provides overall leadership to the HR Transformation Programme and works with leadership and programme teams to ensure the business delivers sustainable change in line with the Transformation Journey
We need a Senior Project Manager to work on a large internal project for out internal HR business. We are looking for someone who is very much hands on and can orchestrate activity, not just design it.
- Champions the vision and direction of the Transformation Programme through advocacy of the programme, its aims and objectives across the business, in particular the relationship with the Executive Management team
- Provides overall direction and leadership for the delivery and implementation of the programme, with personal accountability for its outcome
- Clearly understands, shapes and owns the relationship between the Programme Stakeholders, the Benefit Delivery Schedule and the associated Risks and Dependencies, and providing clear reports and updates to the Board and the Business
- Works with Finance/Business case team to actively challenge and assure the delivery of the cost benefit schedule
- Works with the team to ensure that change resulting from the Transformation Initiatives is embedded in the organisation, including providing coaching and support on change management issues resulting from implementation of the Transformation Initiatives
- Ensures all areas of the business adhere to Programme governance, approval and control processes and owns the PMO’s relationship with other governance Boards such as Steer Co, Exec Co and others
- Monthly Steer Co reporting
- Weekly Status PMO reports
- Progress against the Cost Benefits schedule
- High Level Integrated Programme Plan
- Change Log
- Risk and Issue Log
- Dependency Log
- Owns and executes the programme communications plan to all stakeholders across the business with support of change management colleagues
- Manages the key strategic risks facing the programme, utilising Board and Senior Leadership to mitigate specific risks where appropriate.
- Establishes, communicates and enforces risk and quality management criteria and ensures that QA procedures are followed under the control of the central Change.
- Leads the ‘thinking’ for steps required to mitigate the risks to the programme and to accelerate delivery of benefits
- Maintains the alignment of the programme to the organisation’s overall strategic direction to take account of evolving needs and emerging issues
- Regularly reviews the initiatives within the Programme for validity and relevance and make changes to them as appropriate (in conjunction with Business Directors)???????
- continued alignment with its objectives
- capability of delivery
- measurable achievements of benefits
- Is proactive in identifying further Transformation Initiatives with Business Directors through process improvement, market development, people management and organisational re-design.