We are partnered with one of the most exciting digital transformation consulting firms out there and they are on the search for a Senior Software Engineer!
Our partner is in the business of inspiring culture by enabling clients to ruthlessly prioritize end-user value to build, test, and deliver regularly, consistently, and as quickly as possible. The dual focus on client-enablement and product-delivery is a key part of this role and you'd be joining a team of folks who are passionate about both!
You will work in a Test Driven Development environment which operates very much like XP (pair programming, 1-week iterations, etc.). As a Senior member on the Software Engineering team, you will be a developer who sees the benefits of pair-programming and will always be looking for ways to improve best practices within the team.
The team you are joining is highly collaborative, and even more passionate than they are collaborative! The Software Engineers on your team care about the quality of code they deliver and the speed it takes to do so. You will be a leading force in the Engineering Team's product and delivery, while staying close to the client and their business needs.
- 6+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Spring Boot, React.JS , and Redux
- You have experience on both the frontend and the backend
- You have experience with API Development
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You have a good understanding of algorithms, databases, design patterns, and understand how to apply them
- You have strong facilitation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Experience developing cloud-based enterprise software
- Experience in training, mentoring and/or upskilling engineers
- Experience building and deploying in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience with event streaming (e.g. Kafka) a plus
- Experience with DoD, especially at a DoD "Software Factory"
- Experience at Pivotal Labs
- Security Clearance
Please Note: All of the work in this area is with Federal Government customers that require our employees involved with their projects be U.S. citizens. As such, this role requires U.S. citizenship. If hired, you would also be required to go through a background investigation for Public Trust Clearance. Ability to obtain a Secret or Top Secret Clearance preferred.
This employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.