Lead Data Engineer
SALARY - £100,000 / £120,000 per annum
Reporting to our CTO, as the Lead Data Engineer you will be responsible for scoping, architecting, and implementing scalable data infrastructure to enable business growth. As a technical leader, you will advocate for and ensure the implementation of engineering best practices (e.g., technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation).
What you’ll be doing
- In this role, you will write, deploy, and maintain code, help monitor cloud resource spend, lead on design delivery roadmaps and plans, build, and maintain effective stakeholder relationships, driving improvements and business value.
- You will have deep knowledge of best-in-class cloud data and analytics solutions, staying well-informed of industry best-practice and new technologies and will support the team by leading and developing other members from the Technology team, creating positive engagement and driving an inclusive work environment.
- Significant experience leading, growing and developing Agile data engineering teams
- Deep hands-on experience designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining, and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environment
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
- Development experience
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience designing data platforms for large-scale distributed systems
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Customer-centric and pragmatic mentality
- Focus on value delivery and delivery at pace, while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience of AWS cloud platforms preferred
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset