Working from our UK headquarters to provide technical and operational support, manage IT projects and processes, and establish a strong rapport with key stakeholders and end-users. Strong technical and soft skills are required to address issues and communicate with end-users and senior management.
You will be expected to manage day-to-day issues through the internal IT Helpdesk ticketing system; providing remote support and carrying out practical tasks when required.
The role will be responsible for supporting business-critical infrastructure based in the UK data centre (remote and hands-on). Linux expertise will be required to manage most systems, along with some Windows Server experience.
You will be reporting to your IT manager, working alongside the Executive Team, Engineering, Sales, HR And Finance.
- IT support helpdesk
- System maintenance, backup, and security
- Technical documentation
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Owning, managing, and improving IT systems
- Ask targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk end-users through a series of actions, either via a call, IM or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to line manager
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to end users.
- Refer to internal documentation or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Monitoring of system notifications and alerts – remediations and proactive measures to identify and mitigate potential issues.
- Document user and administrator processes · You will frequently work directly with engineers (end-users), so effective communication skills are a necessity in this role.