We are searching for a Head of Brand Cooperation to join our client's Brand Cooperation team, a subset of the Governance and Experience realm, actively liaises with a diverse spectrum of stakeholders, encompassing rights holders, IP associations, governmental bodies, law enforcement agencies, and service providers. This engagement aims to thoroughly comprehend their brand protection requisites and work jointly on initiatives directed towards Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) protection. In this endeavor, your role will be pivotal in nurturing and sustaining amicable relations with government entities across local, regional, or national echelons.
- Engage in the conception, development, and execution of our client's Shopping IPR protection program, policies, and strategies.
- Steer and back teams in addressing, probing, administering, and resolving significant brand-related occurrences and escalations concerning product authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright) and safety matters.
- Foster and uphold sturdy relations with government officials, agencies, and key stakeholders. Expand a network of contacts to fortify the organization's advocacy initiatives.
- Collaborate with industry associations, advocacy groups, and coalitions to further mutual goals and agendas.
- Take a forefront role in drafting and presenting brand-centric in-depth documents, inclusive of responses to senior executives and time-critical PR/legal issues.
- Establish and sustain an effective network to back our client's Shopping IPR protection program both internally (e.g., key business representatives, IP Legal, public relations, communications, marketing teams) and externally (e.g., governments, trade associations, law enforcement authorities) through brand diplomacy, conferences, networking opportunities, workshops, etc.
- Initiate and execute events and activities to amplify awareness of our client's Shopping IPR protection program among internal and external stakeholders, while keenly monitoring media and global events to foresee and alleviate potential brand-related risks.
- Oversee projects that materialize our client's Shopping IPR protection program, policies, and strategies.
- Assist in crafting an efficient and functional framework for our client's Shopping platform, rights holders, and law enforcement agencies to conduct collaborative enforcement actions.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, public policy, law, or a related domain; a master's degree or JD is esteemed.
- A minimum of 15-18 years of experience in government relations, public affairs, brand relations or a related arena, with a proven advocacy success history.
- Profound comprehension of government infrastructures, legislative procedures, and IP regulatory frameworks.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal acumen.
- Demonstrated capability to build and sustain relationships with government officials and external stakeholders.
- Analytical prowess and the ability to distill complex policy matters into actionable strategies.
- Proficiency in legislative and regulatory issues research and analysis.
Compensation Description (annually) The base salary range for this role in the selected city is $170,000 - $350,000 annually. Compensation may vary outside of this range based on various factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and location. Base pay is merely a component of the Total Package offered to compensate and recognize employees for their contributions, and this role may also be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our client's benefits package is tailored to reflect company culture and values, promote an efficient and inspiring work environment, and support employees in balancing work and life commitments. Benefits extended to eligible employees include:
- Comprehensive premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents along with a Health Savings Account (HSA) with a company match. Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans are also provided.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care.
- Generous time off and leave plans: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure), 10 paid sick days per year, 12 weeks of paid Parental leave, and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
- Additional perks like mental and emotional health benefits through their EAP and Lyra, a 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements.