Job Title - Database Administrator
Job Type: Permanent Full Time Location: Milton Keynes Description: If you have a sixth sense for data, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that needs the talents of a database administrator.
Reporting to the team lead, you will be responsible for design, build, configuration and providing ongoing maintenance of Oracle and MS SQL Database systems for various clients. The role includes: - Analysis and Design – Transforms high-level design in to low-level design, and implementation hosted on on-premises or on public cloud - Work with team leads to properly define/clarify business requirements, development estimation, and work plan finalization - Good knowledge on designing and building highly available and replicated database systems - Monitor and perform housekeeping activities like patching, security reviews and policy adherence - Assist other teams with troubleshooting problems that may arise from applications or integration of various components - Ensures good communications between various delivery functions and clients, both internal and external. - Provides ad-hoc technical support to the business development function on demand - Ensure appropriate best practises and operational procedures are in place Required qualifications to be successful in this role -
- Experience in Oracle Database installation, configuration, fine tuning, security, hardening, capacity management, support and patching on versions R12 and above
- Experience in Database Backup and Restore strategies and Cloning
- Exposure to building high available databases especially Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Experience administrating through Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), but able to operate at the command line when required.
- Proven understanding of the Oracle Database architecture and internals.
- Experience of structured problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of implementing and support database system hosted on on-premises and on public cloud.
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Git Desirable Skills: Knowledge of MS SQL and Linux administration is highly desirable Knowledge of middleware technologies especially application servers like JBoss, Weblogic, IIS etc is highly desirable Knowledge of Database Disaster Recovery Techniques E.g., Oracle Data Guard Knowledge of Azure and (or) AWS services