Role: Data Architect
Industry: Sports (World Famous Sport Brand)
Location: North London (Hybrid - 2 x days a week in office)
I am currently recruiting for a Data Architect to join an innovative and world renowned sports brand.
As a Data Architect, you will focus on designing and architecting data pipelines, building and optimising data storage and retrieval, and owning and ensuring the quality of data and security.
It is also the perfect opportunity for a Data Engineer who wants to step up into an Architect role, having already some good knowledge around Data Quality, best practices and Architecture.
- Design, develop, and deploy scalable and efficient data pipelines on the Azure platform
- Implement data storage solutions on Azure, such as Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and Azure Blob Storage
- Optimise data processing and transformation workflows to ensure high performance and low latency
- Ensure data quality and reliability through the implementation of data validation and monitoring processes
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and business stakeholders to understand data requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- 50% Data Engineering, 50% Data Architecture
- Strong experience across data engineering in Python or R
- In-depth knowledge of Azure Data services (ie: Data Factory, Cosmos DB, and Azure Stream Analytics)
- Understanding of data modelling and creation of semantic data layers is vital
- Strong experience of APIs and JSON
- Experience in architecting, building and managing pipelines (ETL & ELT) in cloud platforms
- Experience in projects involving: Single source of truth (SSOT) or Single customer view (SCV) or Identity resolution
- Strong knowledge of how BI tools are architected and managed is beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing technologies (CDP, ESP, CRM) is a plus.
- Experience with Visualisation tools
- Understanding of big data technologies and distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Spark) is a plus